If your a true monster truck fan than you have most definitely been to Monster Jam! In fact, you don’t even really have to be that big of a fan to enjoy Monster Jam, it is one of the best, if not the BEST monster truck show around! For all of your monster truck and Monster Jam lovers, we have all the fun facts you need to know on this great show!
Did You Know?… Monster Jam Facts
- The trucks must weigh AT LEAST 10,000 pounds in order to compete in the showMonster Trucks have up to 2,000 horsepower and can drive up to 100 miles per hour
- Monster Trucks on average are 12ft tall & 12 ft wide
- One tire for a Monster Truck costs an average of 2,600( that’s per tire remember!)
- Monster Jam trucks can roughly sail through the air for about 14 car lengths or 130 feet!
- Most Monster Trucks cost about $250,000 on average
- Each Monster Jam show drivers leave with about $10,000 in parts damage with only a short time to repair everything
- Monster Jam shows are held on 6 different continents
- There are radio operators throughout the crowds at these shows so that they made send a signal to shut off any trucks engine should there be an issue
- The visibility in a monster truck is very limited, which makes driving them an even bigger feat.
- Monster Trucks were built to sustain short powerful bursts of energy.
These are just some of the MANY cool facts there are to learn about Monster Jam and monster Trucks in general. While monster trucks are definitely cool to look at and watch perform their crazy stunts, they are a lot more dangerous and harder to operate and , maneuver than you may think. We appreciate all you skilled monster truck drivers out there, our hats are off to you!